Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ὠκεανὸς

Okeanos.
Ocean.
A body of saline water that composes a large part of a planet's hydrosphere. In the context of Earth, it refers to major divisions of the planet's World Ocean, such as the Atlantic Ocean.The word "sea" is often used interchangeably with "ocean", but a sea is a body of saline water in a more inland location rather than a location in which it encompasses the land around it.

The ocean and the night sky are two of my biggest inspirations in life.
Why I chose the two most vast things in the universe is beyond me.
idontcarecauserightnowyouremine:

the worlds a big and scary place and there’s always someone who’s got it worse than you no matter what you think, so just don’t give up.


The ocean is so much more than that, and I must get it from my mom, but I'm seriously in love.
Have you ever really though about the ocean?
Once you set sea, you can get anywhere you want.
Anywhere.
You could sit on a raft, like all these fun looking people 


and just float and float and float and end up in Africa.
Possible, not probable, but you understand my point.

[[Side note: the possibility of me going to southern California for spring break is being discussed and I seriously just want to go to the ocean. Cough mom cough:)]]

I came to this realization when I was in Europe swimming in the Mediterranean (I just spelled that right on the first try). 
We were hanging out and talking about how if we swim far enough, we could get to North Africa.
Seriously though.


Isn't that amazing?
I thought so.



Love,
Kristina.

Remember who you are, make good choices, and have some fun.


No comments: