Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's a good year for music.

Alright, I'm taking a break from my Disney life to tell y'all how excited I am for April and May. Why you ask?

April 15: Most people think tax day- but for Fall Out Boy fan girls like me, it's the best day ever. After a four year hiatus, they're finally making new music! The new album, Save Rock and Roll, drops on the 15th and I fully plan on camping outside Target to get it bright and early. In the words of Fall Out Boy....

"when we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. it's why we started fall out boy in the first place. 
this isn't a reunion because we never broke up.
we needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us.
the future of fall out boy starts now.
save rock and roll..."

On a sad note, the show they are playing at House of Blues in Orlando sold out in like half an hour, so I'm not going to be able to go. Yes, I'll be mourning in my bedroom.
This is the official video for their new song- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up).
Let's be honest, their song titles have never been simple. I'm still trying to figure out why they're burning everything FOB related in this video. Thoughts?


Did you guys get the impression that they channeled their inner Adam Lambert for those screams?



Next stop: May.
Lady Antebellum is releasing their fourth album on May 7!
It's called Golden, and that is the world's most PERFECT name for a Lady A album. And if you know me, you know I screamed when I found out that's what it was called. I was on by 7:30am break at work today. Totally fine. They were performing the title song on ABC news. It was amazing.
So you better believe I will be at Target for that one too.

" our our last couple records were pretty serious in subject matter, so we definitely made a conscious effort to make much more of a 'roll down your windows' type of record."

I don't know about you guys but I think this is going to be a good one. I'm perfectly okay blasting Lady A out my windows in sunny Florida... :)
This is their single from Golden, performed live at....somewhere.



With all this good music coming out, I'm going to need to invest in a way to play it loud in my apartment! My computer is awfully quiet. 
I just thought I'd give you all a little update, even if it's not really about my life.
Enjoy :)


xoxo
K


No comments: