Monday, July 19, 2010

Philosophy:

Doctrine, a belief (or system of beliefs).
Any personal belief about how to live or how to deal with a situation.


My personal life philosophy is as follows:


Firsts things first, don't live with regrets. Everything you do happens for a reason, and I strongly believe that. You can learn something from everything that happens to you. You may have to look, but it's there. It may be something small like a way to better your photography, or something huge like a valuable life lesson.

Document your life, whether it be through a journal, a photo album, a scrapbook, a video tape, or a Christmas ornament. Do it in whatever way works for you. I choose photos, because it's one of the few things I'm good at and like. Document the good things, and the bad things (they make you who you are too). Everything that make life worth it to you. Tell your life story.

What you do with your life now will effect (affect?) your life later... No matter how much you don't think it will. The good decisions you make will land you in good places. The bad decisions you make will land you in bad places. However, if you make the bad decisions, and learn from them, you may end up in a not so bad place. Sometimes bad decisions are just mistakes.

Appreciate what you have. There are millions of people in this world who have it so much worse than you. If you have a roof over your head, a family that loves you, and food to eat, you have it pretty well. One of the saddest things to me is when I hear people who are wearing $300 jeans, complaining about how their life sucks because they didn't get a Mercedes for Christmas. Trust me, if you can afford $300 jeans, chances are your life doesn't suck.
So, appreciate what you have, and be thankful for it every day. Be thankful for the shoes on your feet, the clothes on your back, the car you drive. Everything.

Love the small things. For me, it's the small things in life that make it worth living. For me, it's driving around with friends because Utah is boring after 10 pm. It's having someone at work tell me they had fun that day. It's being able to take the pictures I want to. I love the little things. Stop for a moment every day to examine the little things. You may be surprised at what you find.

Take chances. How do you know what could or could not have come from a situation, if you didn't take a chance on it? Without taking chances, you never really know your potential. It's like in Fight Club... "How much do you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" I'm asking you, how much do you know about yourself if you never step off the edge? This year, I dare you to take chances on things, whether it be love, a friendship, or conquering a fear. If you have a second positive though about it, do it. This year, I dare you to take every opportunity handed to you. Something good will come of it.

So what do you say?
I say let's go.


No comments: