Tuesday, August 17, 2010

happy birthday tim!


Today is my amazing Uncle Tim's birthday!
I wish I could be in Canada to celebrate with Edwin & Tim, but I'm stuck here.
On this special day, I'd just like to point out how completely WONDERFUL these men are. They are two of my biggest role models, supporters, and greatest family members.
They live in New York for 6 months out of the year, and spend the other six months traveling to Canada or South Africa because Tim's visa is only a six month one.
And, surprise, the US government doesn't allow sponsorship. That's beside the point though.
The point is, I LOVE EDWIN AND TIM. So much. I don't think they will ever realize how much they mean to me. Ever since I was young they have been by my side and stuck by me through whatever I do.
For my birthday, they gave me money (yay!), a Woodstock book, which is absolutely fantastic, and a LEGIT ticket from the Woodstock Festival in 1969. It was one of the best present I have ever received. :)

Woodstock '94


My dad and I visited Edwin and Tim in Orient, NY in 2009.
Words cannot express how much fun this trip was, and how much I learned. Every time I am around Edwin and Tim, I learn valuable life lessons.
One of the lessons I learned over this trip was this:
If you are having issues with someone, and they being inconsiderate or something, you can't change them. People will only change if they want to, and there's really nothing you can do about it after you communicate how you're feeling to them.
This has been especially helpful this past week.


Edwin::

Tim::

I'm going to write a more in-depth blog about Edwin and Tim later, but for now...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!!!
I hope your next year is as amazing as you are.
I love you!





1 comment: