Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's FRIDAY

So, in Walt Disney World, there's this new thing called Monday is the New Friday. 
This happens because we work on all holidays, and let's be honest, we never close. Even the shop I work at is only closed for 6 hours each day (midnight through 6am), and even during those 6 hours there's still people there doing things.
So, when you don't have a weekend ON a weekend, you have to find creative ways to entertain yourself. Living in the tourist metropolis of the universe, this isn't hard for, well, tourists. 
Locals though, like a different take on things. I'm learning all of this from Daniel. Since I'll be in Florida for a while, I need to learn the way of life outside of Disney. 
Since I've been here, I've seen the beach, ate at local restaurants, went to a local Single A baseball game, and had adventures to pawn shops and downtown Kissimmee (a suburb of Orlando). 
I'm writing this because these are things I used to do at home, and it is making Florida feel like home. I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have Daniel to show me and Mel around. We would be stuck in the Disney bubble forever! 

Tomorrow (today?) is my Saturday, and Daniel and I have a great weekend planned! Tomorrow we are going to look at apartments for him and then we are going to Animal Kingdom. He is doing a quest where he wants to ride every attraction and see every show at Disney in a year. So far we've finished Epcot, and we are almost done with Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom isn't even close, so we are spending the day there.
Then on Sunday (Wednesday) we are going to Kennedy Space Center, the beach, and our second Manatees baseball game. I CAN'T WAIT! 
Let me take a moment to brag about Daniel (like I don't do that enough already?). He always plans everything out for us. From start to finish. We usually don't stick exactly with the plan, and he doesn't get mad or upset if I change the plan. Throughout the day, he'll remind me what we are doing next, and what we are doing after that. It's one of my favorite things about him. Someone has to keep me in line! 

On a different note...

I recently took a trip home, and I think I looked at the mountains more than anything.  Most of the pictures I took we of my dogs, mountains, and my family. I miss all of them so, so much, but I know they support me in my decisions. And while I am very sad that I won't be able to be close to them, I need to move here for me, and I think they understand that. Everyone knew that I would get out of Utah as soon as I could (even though I do really love it for the most part), but I think that it happened sooner than everyone, including myself, thought it would. While I was home, I went through boxes, got rid of a ton of old things, and really started my life from a fresh start. I threw away everything bad, and I brought everything perfect and good back to Florida with me. I love Florida, and I think this is really where I belong. Plus my skin isn't purple and bumpy here. When I got off my plane, Daniel was waiting as close to the gate as he could go, and he gave me the last of my letters.** It was 3 pages long. It made me cry. It also contained a Belle pin, and a little souvenir Florida license plate with my name on it. I think that's when it hit me that Florida is kind of my home now.

**While I was in Utah, he wrote me a letter for each day, and gave me specific times to open them. He also wrote one for my mom. 

When I get a chance to sit down and go through pictures from my recent adventures, I'll put some on here. My big camera is coming out tomorrow, so I should have some good ones soon. :)



Until next time.
K










1 comment:

Tamara said...

I love this post. Even though you said Florida is home. Sad days :)